Nearly 50 people came together for a workshop in January, 2016 to discuss how we can better communicate and collaborate to protect river corridors. From discussions of language to humorous metaphors, strategies to reach target audiences and stories of success, the group shared dozens of practical ideas and many ongoing challenges.
We’ve compiled a list of resources, notes and materials from the workshop here. We invite you to explore and add to the list, building our collective ability to encourage people and municipalities to protect river corridors everywhere.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
People and organizations working with municipalities and landowners on river corridor protection, land use, community preparedness and resilience
January 21, 2016, 12-3:30 PM (lunch provided)
Vermont League of Cities and Towns Conference Room, 89 Main Street #4, Montpelier
This Workshop Will Help You…
- Get up-to-date information on current river corridor rules and guidelines;
- Create tailored communications and messaging using best practices;
- Share experiences and lessons learned with others who are engaged in outreach;
- Get access to new outreach materials and resources;
- Connect with additional support and technical assistance!